Are you ready to learn how to throw a Christmas in July party? With a few simple ideas and tips, you can celebrate Christmas even when it’s 100 degrees outside.
A Christmas in July event is a fun way to celebrate one of the best and most festive holidays of the year. Why not make this special day happen more often to keep the spirit of Christmas going strong?
Below are a few simple ideas you can use to create an epic holiday party, a simple family theme night, or a make a holiday sale in July exciting for your small business customers. Use what you want or feel free to add in your own Christmas celebration ideas, too.
HOW DO YOU CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS IN JULY?
Christmas in July is traditionally on July 25th, but you can host a fun event anytime in the month of July.
The great part about a Christmas celebration is that it doesn’t have to happen only during the month of December.
When you’re talking about the magic of Christmas, it’s meant to be cherished all year long.
Here are some ways you can host a Christmas in July event:
- Host a Christmas in July party for family, friends, or your neighborhood.
- Have a Christmas night at your next family reunion.
- Host a family Christmas party on a Friday or Saturday night instead of the typical movie and pizza.
- Host a Christmas in July sale for your customers.
- Put on a Christmas in July lunch to honor your employees or co-workers.
- Throw a Christmas in July event for your youth group or church congregation.
Below you’ll find some simple and fun ways to start planning on a July Christmas celebration.
CHRISTMAS IN JULY PARTY DECORATIONS
One of the fun parts of Christmas for so many people is the decorations. Being able to decorate the home is a breeze if you already have a bunch of Christmas decorations that you can pull out of the attic, closet or basement. Use our Christmas decorations inventory free printable to keep your items organized and ready to no matter the time of year.
Grab one or two boxes and put out a few holiday items. Put up your Christmas tree if you’d like, or get a mini one that you can just quickly place on the table.
Most people choose to put up just a few of their holiday decorations to keep things simple and make clean-up a breeze.
FUN FOOD IDEAS FOR CHRISTMAS PARTY
Don’t forget the fun holiday and festive food. Cook a few of your favorite holiday dishes and comfort food that people look forward to eating every year. The more foods that you can make, the bigger the holiday feast.
Some favorite Christmas recipes include:
Speaking of sweets and treats, host a Christmas cookie decorating party or even set up a Christmas cookie swap. Your guests will love it.
CHRISTMAS COOKIE PARTY
Holiday parties are a great way to get in the holiday spirit, and a cookie exchange is all the more fun when it’s least expected in the middle of summer.
You can ask your guests to bring cookies, or you can provide cookies for them to decorate. Make your own with one of our holiday cookie recipes.
If you’re looking to save time and energy, buy plain sugar cookies from the store and decorate those. (You can also decorate cupcakes as another option.)
If you’re feeling really motivated, bake some Christmas candy. It’s a fast and easy treat to get everyone in the Christmas spirit.
HOST A FUN HOLIDAY HOMES TOUR
Recruit a few people in the neighborhood to join in on the fun and host a holiday celebration inviting people to visit each other’s houses.
Ask neighbors to put up a few holiday decorations and offer a plate of cookies and hot chocolate to guests. This makes it a fun “party hopping” theme.
To keep it simple, you could decide to decorate only your front doors or porches with holiday décor.
WHO SHOULD YOU INVITE TO THE CELEBRATION?
For your Christmas in July, you can host a small family gathering or a big neighborhood bash.
Don’t forget to invite others who love Christmas as much as you.
Remember that this is your event and there’s no wrong way to celebrate Christmas in July.
CHRISTMAS IN JULY PARTY INVITATION IDEAS
Everyone loves receiving party invitations in the mail, or you can provide invitations electronically with email or social media.
Here are some helpful ideas for how to invite people to your celebration:
- Make your own invitations using an easy online editor. Picmonkey and Canva and two options. Both are easy for beginners and have simple tutorials. You can create cute cards and postcards that are personalized.
- Buy Christmas cards at the end of the season when they are on sale and cheap. Use these cards as invitations to your Christmas in July party.
- Order custom invitations from Etsy if you want something really special.
GIVE THE PARTY A FUN THEME
Another huge reason that people love Christmas is that it’s time to show off your holiday best. Having a theme for your party can be as simple as everyone wearing their favorite ugly Christmas sweater.
Themes give people the chance to dress up and really get into the holiday spirit.
Here are some holiday party themes to consider for your event:
- Christmas Around the World–have everyone bring a holiday dish from a different part of the world
- Tropical Christmas Luau–set up outside by the pool or decorate with paradise-inspired items
- Christmas Movie Theme—pick your favorite holiday movies and host a movie marathon with candy and popcorn
- Candy Cane Christmas—everyone dresses in red and white and you decorate with candy canes
- Twelve Days of Christmas – serve food to match the day’s gifts using the song lyrics as a guide
- Ugly Christmas sweaters – if it’s too hot, everyone can wear their tackiest T-shirt instead.
FINAL PARTY TIPS
Your Christmas in July event can be done at your work, in the neighborhood, or even as a fun volunteer effort at a local nursing home.
Make certain that if you’re the one planning the party, you don’t forget to relax and have fun, too. It’s supposed to be a time of happiness and joy, so make certain that your plan to take care of yourself while you take care of your guests.
MORE FUN CHRISTMAS IDEAS
While you are here be sure to check out these other Christmas ideas!
- What is Christmas in July?
- Christmas in July ideas for Families
- Baby Yoda Christmas Memes to Warm Your Heart