You will love the flavor explosion in this easy Cranberry Sausage Stuffing recipe. It is perfect for all your holiday meals!
WHAT ARE THE BEST APPLES TO USE FOR STUFFING?
Many stuffing recipes call for apples.
If you are wondering what the best apples are for stuffing the answer is simple. You want a crisp apple with a sweet-tart flavor.
The firm texture of the apple brings a wonderful crunch to the stuffing and the sweet-tart flavor just adds a great taste dimension.
Some good varieties are Pink Lady, Honeycrisp and Pinata apples.
INGREDIENTS FOR CRANBERRY SAUSAGE STUFFING
There is nothing quite like homemade stuffing. This recipe is packed with ingredients that bring all the flavor you need.
- French Bread, cubed
- Spicy Sausage
- Onion, chopped
- Celery, chopped
- Carrot, chopped
- Dried Cranberries
- Chopped Walnuts
- Apple, cored and diced small
- Fresh Parsley
- Chicken Broth
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE CRANBERRY SAUSAGE STUFFING
Store-bought stuffing mixes are good, but once you make homemade stuffing you won’t go back! Plus it is easy!!
STEP ONE: CUBE BREAD
Start off by preheating the oven to 350°F.
Spray a 13×9-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
Now take the loaf of French bread and cut it into cubes.
Place the bread cubes into the baking dish.
STEP TWO: BROWN SAUSAGE
In 10-inch skillet, cook the spicy sausage, celery, carrots and onion over medium heat, until the sausage is well browned and the vegetables are tender.
STEP THREE: ADD TO MIXTURE
Add the walnuts, diced apples, cranberries and fresh parsley to the cooked ingredients in the skillet and mix well.
Add the sausage mix to the baking dish and toss lightly with the bread cubes.
STEP FOUR: ADD LIQUID
In another bowl, combine broth, milk and eggs. Whisk it with fork or wire whisk until well mixed.
Pour the liquid mixture over bread and stir gently to soak all bread cubes in the milk mixture.
STEP FIVE: REFRIGERATE
Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours but no longer than 12 hours.
This is an important step and makes a big difference in how awesome the cranberry sausage stuffing turns out!
STEP SIX: BAKE
Bake uncovered for 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean and top is golden brown.
Sprinkle with fresh parsley and more cranberries before serving.
CRANBERRY SAUSAGE STUFFING RECIPE
You can print off the complete ingredients and instructions for this delicious stuffing recipe via the recipe card below.
Easy Cranberry Sausage Stuffing
This easy Cranberry Sausage Stuffing is flavorful and perfect for any holiday dinner.
- 1 (14 oz.) loaf French Bread, cubed
- 1 lb. Spicy Sausage
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 2 stalks Celery, chopped
- 1 large Carrot, chopped
- ½ teaspoon dried Rosemary
- ½ teaspoon dried Thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried Sage
- ½ cup dried Cranberries
- ½ cup of chopped Walnuts
- 1 large Apple, cored and diced small
- ¼ cup chopped fresh Parsley
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Milk
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Place bread cubes in baking dish.
3. In a 10-inch skillet, cook sausage, celery, carrots, and onion over medium heat until the sausage is well browned and the vegetables are tender.
4. Add walnuts, diced apples, cranberries, and fresh parsley and mix well.
5. Add the sausage mix to the baking dish and toss lightly with the bread cubes.
6. In another bowl, combine broth, milk, and eggs. Whisk it with fork or wire whisk until well mixed.
7. Pour over bread and stir gently to soak all bread cubes in milk mixture.
8. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours but no longer than 12 hours.
9. Bake uncovered for 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean and the top is golden brown.
10. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and more cranberries before serving.
The stuffing can be made a day in advance. Cover tightly in foil and refrigerate till ready to use. Pop it in the oven when ready to serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 238Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 422mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 2gSugar: 9gProtein: 11g
PeaceLoveChristmas.com may offer nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although PeaceLoveChristmas.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
If you loved this holiday dinner recipe be sure to check these other ideas out:
- Swirled Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pie
- How to Make Homemade Cranberry Sauce
- Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallows
- Christmas Appetizer Tree
Be sure to PIN this for LATER and SHARE on FACEBOOK!
Leave a Reply