Pumpkin pie is a staple of holiday meals and this swirled Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pie will be a major hit. A decadent and delicious Christmas dessert the whole family will love.
INGREDIENTS FOR A PUMPKIN CREAM CHEESE PIE
This Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pie recipe has a shortcut because it uses a store-bought refrigerated pie crust. If you would prefer to make a homemade crust that is fine too.
• Refrigerated Pie Crust
• Dry Beans
• Cream Cheese
• All-Purpose Flour
• Pure Pumpkin
• Pumpkin Pie Spice
• Whole Milk
• Vanilla Extract
HOW TO MAKE A SWIRLED PUMPKIN CREAM CHEESE PIE
Really good dessert recipes tend to have a few more steps then I traditionally like when I cook. I love simple recipes. This one is still easy, but the extra steps are worth it when you taste it!
STEP ONE: PREPARE CRUST
The first step is to prepare the refrigerated pie crust.
Let the crust thaw out according to the package directions.
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
When the crust is at room temperature slightly roll it out on a lightly floured surface.
Drape the crust over a 9 inch pie pan.
Fold the crust edges and crimp with your fingers or a fork.
Add about a pound of dry beans to the crust and bake for 10 minutes.
STEP TWO: MAKE FILLING
While the crust is baking combine the softened cream cheese, sugar and flour into a large mixing bowl.
Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until the mixture is smooth and lump-free.
Scoop out 1/2 cup of this mixture and set it aside in a small bowl.
Now add the pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and the eggs to the mixing bowl and beat on medium speed until the whole mixture is smooth.
Last, add the 2 tablespoons of whole milk and one teaspoon of vanilla to the 1/2 cup of cream cheese filling that you set aside. Whisk these in until well-combined.
STEP THREE: COOL CRUST
When the crust is done baking remove it from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
Leave the beans in the crust while it cools.
When it is done cooling, remove the beans from the crust.
STEP FOUR: POUR IN FILLING
Now it is time to pour the pumpkin mixture into the cooled pie crust.
Once the filling is in the crust you can drop spoonfuls of the cream cheese filling over the pumpkin mixture.
Cut the cream cheese filling into the pumpkin mixture in a swirl pattern by using a butter knife in a S-pattern so it has a marbled look.
STEP FIVE: BAKE
Cover the pie with foil and place in the preheated oven.
Bake for 30 minutes and then remove the foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
Remove the pie from the oven when it is done and let it cool for at least 30 minutes at room temperature.
Then cover the pie and place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours before serving.
Serve this with whipped topping and be sure to refrigerate any leftovers!
PUMPKIN CREAM CHEESE PIE RECIPE
You can print off the complete ingredients and instructions for this delicious pumpkin cream cheese pie via the recipe card below.
- • 1 Refrigerated Pie Crust, softened as directed on box
- • 1 lb. of any variety of Dry Beans
- • 12 oz. Cream Cheese, softened [1½ block (8 oz. + 4oz.)]
- • 1 cup Sugar
- • ¼ cup All-Purpose Flour
- • 1 (15 oz.) can 100% Pure Pumpkin
- • 2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- • 3 large Eggs
- • 2 tablespoons Whole Milk
- • 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1. Thaw the pie crust according to package instructions.
2. Preheat the oven to 375F.
3. Slightly roll out the pie crust on a lightly floured surface and drape it over a 9-inch pie plate.
4. Fold the edges and crimp.
5. Add about a pound of dry beans to the prepared crust and bake for 10 minutes.
6. Let the pie crust cool on a wire rack, while we make the filling.
7. In a large bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, sugar, and flour. Beat with electric mixer on low speed until smooth and lump-free.
8. Scoop out ½ cup the cream cheese mixture and reserve it in a separate smaller bowl.
9. Add the pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and the eggs to the large bowl, with cream cheese mixture. Beat on medium speed, until smooth.
10. Now add 2 tablespoons of milk and a teaspoon of vanilla extract to the reserved cream cheese mixture and whisk it in.
11. Remove the dry beans from the cooled pie crust.
12. Pour the pumpkin-cream cheese mixture into the crust.
13. Add dollops of the plain cream cheese mixture over the pumpkin mixture. Cut through cream cheese and pumpkin mixtures with a skewer or a butter knife in an S-shaped pattern to get a swirled marbled design.
14. Cover the pie with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking for another 15 minutes. (Total baking time will be 45 minutes)
15. Let the pie cool 30 minutes at room temperature, before transferring to the fridge to chill completely. Cover the pie and let it refrigerate at least 4 hours to overnight before serving.
16. Serve the chilled pie with a dollop of whipped cream.
17. Store the leftovers, covered, in the refrigerator.
If you loved this Swirled Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pie be sure to check out these other delicious holiday dessert recipes:
- Gingerbread Brownies
- Christmas Jello Poke Cake
- Adorable Red Truck Christmas Cookies
- Over 50 Adorable Christmas Cupcake Recipes
Be sure to PIN this for LATER and SHARE on FACEBOOK!