Everyone loves hot chocolate and these hot cocoa bar ideas come with some beautiful printables to make your party even more special. You will have people lining up for a mug of delicious hot cocoa.
WHAT IS A HOT COCOA BAR?
A hot cocoa bar is a fun way to make hot chocolate extra yummy and serve your guests with style.
The basic plan is that you have a big batch of hot chocolate prepared, and then you offer guests a bunch of different toppings for their cocoa.
This is typically set up on a table that is just for the hot chocolate bar.
HOT COCOA BAR IDEAS
There are so many ways to create a lovely and appealing hot cocoa bar.
One important tip is to make sure to serve some delicious hot chocolate as a base beverage for the party.
I like making my own hot cocoa mix because it is rich and creamy, but using store-bought varieties works, too.
The next tip is to have pretty mugs for the guests. You can have matching mugs or a random assortment of mugs.
Here are some great mug options:
- Guests will love mugs that are shaped like marshmallows.
- Sweet Water Decor mugs are adorable.
- A Christmas mug with a Santa hidden in the bottom will be a fun surprise.
- Or use disposable mugs with a pretty holiday design (to keep the clean-up easy for you).
HOT COCOA TOPPING IDEAS
It is hard to beat a simple cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows on top, but there are few ways to jazz up each cup. Kids and adults love these various options.
Here are some ideas to make your party a delicious affair:
- Chocolate Chips in different flavors like dark chocolate, milk chocolate and white chocolate.
- Peanut Butter
- Ground Cinnamon
- Toffee bits and pieces
- Peppermint Sticks
- Crushed peppermint
- Candy Canes
- Coarse Sea Salt
- Whipped Cream (Cool Whip, Homemade, or in a can like Reddiwhip)
- Caramel Sauce
- Homemade marshmallows
- Cinnamon Sticks
- Marshmallow Creme
- Chocolate Sauce
- Finely Chopped Nuts
- Crushed Graham Crackers
- Pirouette Cookies
- Shredded Coconut
- Chocolate Shavings
HOW TO SET UP A HOT COCOA BAR
The first step in setting up a hot cocoa bar is to find a place to put it. You will need a table or bar area and it helps to have a plug nearby so you can keep the cocoa hot throughout the event.
An easy way to keep the cocoa warm is to make a batch and put it in a crockpot set to “low” or “keep warm.”
Place mugs on one end of the table or use a mug tree.
Then place out all your hot cocoa toppings. Use jars, bowls and other cute containers to display the toppings. Glass jars are especially pretty.
Pro tip: There are topping table tent labels in the printables pack that make labeling the toppings easy.
Be sure to set out a ladle and spoons for stirring those toppings in.
HOT COCOA BAR SIGNS (Free PDF Printable – Instant Download!)
I have a beautiful set of hot cocoa bar printables. This printable set includes everything you need to make your hot cocoa bar special!
The set includes:
- a banner
- a menu
- a sign that you can put in a frame on the table or simple tape nearby
- table tent labels for all the toppings and ingredients
- hot cocoa labels that you can print off on sticker paper and put on all sorts of things
This set is completely free to download when you click here.
You will be able to print this set instantly and use for a party today or at a later date.
What’s your favorite topping for hot chocolate? Share in the comments below.
MORE CHRISTMAS FUN
If you love Christmas parties be sure to check out these other great ideas out:
- How to Have a Christmas Caroling Party
- Easy Christmas Tips and Tricks
- Printable Christmas Charades
- Christmas Appetizer Tree