Wondering what to put on your church sign to get people’s attention? Here’s a huge list of church signs for Christmas that includes church sign ideas that are Bible verses, witty sayings, funny sayings, and meaningful church signs.
Church Sign quotes are a wonderful way to remind people that Jesus is the true reason for the season.
Besides religious Christmas quotes, sometimes the Christmas spirit can be shared with a laugh. There are some funny, witty and even puzzling sign sayings in our church sign list, too. The heart of Christmas will be evident no matter which saying you pick.
- Why Put Sayings on a Church Sign?
- 10 Bible Verses for Christmas Church Signs
- 10 Funny Church Sign Sayings for Christmas
- 1. What Does God Want For Christmas? Look In The Mirror
- 2. God’s Love is Deeper Than This Snow
- 3. We Don’t Have An Advent Calendar But The Church Doors Are Open
- 4. Tweet Others As You Would Like to Be Tweeted
- 5. Silly Santa – Christmas is about Jesus
- 6. Remember: Christmas Is All About His Presence, Not Your Presents!
- 7. He Can Get You Out On The Naughty List
- 8. Jesus Is Coming To Town
- 9. There are some questions that can’t be answered by Google.
- 10. Walmart Isn't the Only Saving Place. Come in for Some Saving Grace.
- 10 Witty Church Signs for Christmas
- 1. Give God What's Right, Not What's Left
- 2. It's Christmas Not Xmas Don't X Him Out
- 3. God Expects Spiritual Fruit, Not Religious Nuts
- 4. Hurry This Sunday To Beat the Christmas Rush!
- 5. What Happens in Vegas Is Forgiven Here
- 6. CHRISTmas Begins With Christ
- 7. Christmas Without Jesus is Just a ‘Hollow’ Day
- 8. What Happens in Bethlehem Does Not Stay on Bethlehem
- 9. Don’t Wait for Santa Claus, Come and Learn About Jesus
- 10. I'm Also Making A List And Checking It Twice – God
- 10 Christmas Church Sign Sayings that Make People Think
- 1. Jesus Was Born Once So We Could Be Born Again
- 2. The Key to Heaven Was Hung on a Nail
- 3. An Unplanned Pregnancy Saved The World
- 4. God's Grace Meets Us Where We Are, But Doesn't Leave Us Where It Found Us
- 5. Wise Men Still Seek Him
- 6. It's Hard to Get in Shape Spiritually If You Only Workout on Sunday
- 7. A long time ago, in a Galilee far far away
- 8. When Life Isn't a Bed of Roses, Remember Who Wore the Crown of Thorns
- 9. If Christ never existed then why is there a Christmas?
- 10. Merry Christmas is full of warmth and love: Happy Holidays are just empty words.
- 10 Holiday Church Sign Sayings to Get People's Attention
- 1. If not for Christmas, we would not celebrate Easter
- 2. Wise men bow not only at the manger but also at the cross
- 3. Advent: A time of hope, preparing, joy, & love
- 4. The greatest gift has already been given
- 5. Bought All Your Presents? Don't Forget His Presence
- 6. Come, receive the greatest gift ever. We call him Lord.
- 7. Merry Mas! It’s just not the same without CHRIST, huh?
- 8. Stop in for your free Christmas gift! Jesus!
- 9. Jesus – The gift you will NOT return.
- 10. How Would You Feel if We Celebrated Your Birthday Without You?
During the holiday season, people turn their hearts to religious matters more than any other time of year. The time has come to spread the gospel. What better way to spread the Christmas message than on church marquees?
Many people find themselves thinking back on the things they have accomplished and the entire year they have been away as the Christmas holiday season approaches. Encourage people to come to your church to hear the good news of Jesus by drawing them in with a church saying or Biblical quote that captures their attention.
Why Put Sayings on a Church Sign?
Even people who aren’t religious celebrate the holiday of Christmas. The end of the year is often a time of meaning and reflection on what we’ve accomplished. December is one of the best times to share an important message on your church’s sign.
Church signs are especially impactful if your church is situated close to a busy intersection. Church signs may appear to be nothing more than exterior decoration, but they are actually a very effective way to attract attention, make someone smile, or inspire them for the day.
The purpose of placing church signs is to remind them that the Word of God available to everyone, not just churchgoers, and not just for aesthetic purposes. It’s a fantastic way to convey to people that anyone who is interested, regardless of religion, is welcome at the church.
So, here are some suggestions for what to write on your church’s sign to attract more people and make them feel welcome. Remember, the church sign messages will be the first place they look when they drive by so choose something that reflects the heart of your church and what you teach.
10 Bible Verses for Christmas Church Signs
Christmas Bible verses are one of the best things to display on your church’s sign. By doing this, you share the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ with them, even if they don’t attend a worship service. Christmas time is all about the true meaning of Christmas…the birth of Christ.
Many of these verses are seen on Christmas card messages. A great place to share the glad tidings of Christmas joy is right in your churchyard. Use these verses to share goodwill and the birth of Jesus with those who pass by.
1. Isaiah 7:14
The Lord himself will give you a sign. The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and we will call him Immanuel.
2. Luke 2:11
Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.
3. Isaiah 11:1
A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse; from his roots a Branch will bear fruit.
4. John 1:14
And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory.
5. Psalms 118:24
This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.
6. 2 Corinthians 9:15
Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!
7. Romans 11:29
For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.
8. Proverbs 17:22
A merry heart does good like medicine.
9. Titus 2:11
For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people.
10. James 1:17
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
10 Funny Church Sign Sayings for Christmas
Making church signs humorous and entertaining is a fantastic additional way to grab someone’s attention. By doing this, you will not only have the opportunity to share the good news of God with others, but you will also have the chance to brighten their day and make them smile.
Some days life stinks, but a funny church sign saying for Christmas can be the best vitamin they make take that day.
1. What Does God Want For Christmas? Look In The Mirror
2. God’s Love is Deeper Than This Snow
3. We Don’t Have An Advent Calendar But The Church Doors Are Open
4. Tweet Others As You Would Like to Be Tweeted
5. Silly Santa – Christmas is about Jesus
6. Remember: Christmas Is All About His Presence, Not Your Presents!
7. He Can Get You Out On The Naughty List
8. Jesus Is Coming To Town
9. There are some questions that can’t be answered by Google.
10. Walmart Isn’t the Only Saving Place. Come in for Some Saving Grace.
10 Witty Church Signs for Christmas
Church signs don’t always have to be serious; lighten up a bit and add a little humor. Not only will this grab people’s attention, it also serves as a great way to communicate to others that your church does more than just discuss the Bible and offer forgiveness.
You also know how to smile and have fun in the spirit of Christian joy. If someone gets stuck near your church during rush hour, they will be able to grin as they slowly go by.
1. Give God What’s Right, Not What’s Left
2. It’s Christmas Not Xmas Don’t X Him Out
3. God Expects Spiritual Fruit, Not Religious Nuts
4. Hurry This Sunday To Beat the Christmas Rush!
5. What Happens in Vegas Is Forgiven Here
6. CHRISTmas Begins With Christ
7. Christmas Without Jesus is Just a ‘Hollow’ Day
8. What Happens in Bethlehem Does Not Stay on Bethlehem
9. Don’t Wait for Santa Claus, Come and Learn About Jesus
10. I’m Also Making A List And Checking It Twice – God
10 Christmas Church Sign Sayings that Make People Think
It’s not your intention to mess with their heads when you send them puzzling messages, but rather to give people a new perspective about your church. These church sign sayings highlight the value of faith, and how it can be to understand and navigate one’s challenges.
Sometimes people will find a new way of understanding life in difficult circumstances. Your church may want to pick a new quote each week during December to keep people interested.
1. Jesus Was Born Once So We Could Be Born Again
2. The Key to Heaven Was Hung on a Nail
3. An Unplanned Pregnancy Saved The World
4. God’s Grace Meets Us Where We Are, But Doesn’t Leave Us Where It Found Us
5. Wise Men Still Seek Him
6. It’s Hard to Get in Shape Spiritually If You Only Workout on Sunday
7. A long time ago, in a Galilee far far away
8. When Life Isn’t a Bed of Roses, Remember Who Wore the Crown of Thorns
9. If Christ never existed then why is there a Christmas?
10. Merry Christmas is full of warmth and love: Happy Holidays are just empty words.
10 Holiday Church Sign Sayings to Get People’s Attention
Here are some additional ideas for church signs that you might find appealing or appropriate for your congregation if you’re still looking for ideas. These inspirational quotes and thoughts will put God’s gift directly into the minds’ of others this season.
1. If not for Christmas, we would not celebrate Easter
2. Wise men bow not only at the manger but also at the cross
3. Advent: A time of hope, preparing, joy, & love
4. The greatest gift has already been given
5. Bought All Your Presents? Don’t Forget His Presence
6. Come, receive the greatest gift ever. We call him Lord.
7. Merry Mas! It’s just not the same without CHRIST, huh?
8. Stop in for your free Christmas gift! Jesus!
9. Jesus – The gift you will NOT return.
10. How Would You Feel if We Celebrated Your Birthday Without You?
Any sign you choose to display for your church should reflect how you want the people who attend it to be perceived.
- You might choose a Bible verse to make sure that even if people don’t attend every Sunday for a sermon, they are still blessed by God’s word.
- You can add humorous or clever church signs to make your church seem open and approachable.
- You could choose something challenging or thought-provoking to leave a lasting impression.
Don’t forget to put your Christmas church sign saying up for the whole month of December. These sayings are simple yet effective ways to reach untold numbers of men and women. Who knows, you may have a great encounter with someone who saw the message in your churchyard.
What’s a church sign saying you’ve seen and enjoyed? Share it in the comments below.
MORE RELIGIOUS CHRISTMAS TRADITIONS
The following are some additional Christmas customs and meaningful traditions you will find helpful: