A common question asked each year is where to send letters to Santa. Children worldwide want to send off a letter to Santa come November or December and it is important for parents to know where to mail a letter to Santa Clause.
DO PEOPLE STILL MAIL LETTERS TO SANTA?
Letters to Santa are still a very popular tradition for families. Children have enjoyed writing to Santa for many, many years and I don’t see that changing much in the future.
Snail mail is not used as often for regular letters, but letters to Santa are something special. Kids will be very excited to take a letter to Santa to the post office to be mailed off.
WHERE TO SEND LETTERS TO SANTA?
It is definitely possible for your child to get a letter back from Santa at the North Pole if you know what to do! Finding out where to send letters to Santa is the first step in making this holiday magical.
The United States Postal Service (USPS) has a Letters from Santa program to help make a little Christmas magic happen for kids all over the country.
Here are the steps to take to so your child receives a letter back from the North Pole:
- Have your child write their letter to Santa. If you have multiple children writing to Santa, make sure each child writes their own letter.
- Put each letter to Santa in a separate envelope. Address the envelope to Santa Claus, North Pole.
- Now you have to do a little extra work! Write a response letter to your child that is FROM SANTA. You can write this response on the back of your child’s letter if you can do it without your child knowing or you can write it on a separate paper. You can also use a printable letter from Santa.
- Place the response letter and the envelope with the child’s letter to Santa into an envelope that is addressed TO YOUR CHILD at their home address. Make sure to put the return address as SANTA, NORTH POLE. Place a first-class stamp on this envelope so the return letter reaches your child!!
- Now place the stamped envelope inside a larger envelope. Make sure it has the correct postage. You will probably want to take it to the post office to have it weighed. Address the larger envelope to the address below and send it off.
NORTH POLE POSTMARK POSTMASTER
4141 POSTMARK DR
ANCHORAGE AK 99530-9998
WHAT IS THE DEADLINE FOR SANTA LETTERS?
Now that you know where to send letters to Santa you do not want to wait on this holiday task.
Sending a letter to Santa is not something you should put off or procrastinate. If your child is excited about getting a response letter then do not wait too long!!
The letters need to be RECEIVED by the Anchorage, AK postmaster by December 15th in order for there to be time to get a response letter back. So you need to send the letter off a week or more BEFORE December 15th!!
Remember this is a major mail month worldwide and it is better to do this VERY early.
I am also of the mindset that I would NOT mention that your child will get a response by mail in case something goes wrong and it doesn’t happen. Better to have a happily surprised child…then a disappointed child and have to try to explain why Santa didn’t write back!
TIPS FOR A GREAT SANTA RESPONSE LETTER
When you are writing your response letter it is a great time to be creative and make it personal.
Think back over the past year and pick out a few things to mention in the letter. It could be something special your child did or achieved this year. A moment when your child was extra kind to someone or went above and beyond on a project.
Remember when you are writing the letter to use a different handwriting style so kids won’t recognize your handwriting.
Don’t forget to sign the letter FROM SANTA.
If you loved finding out where to send letters to Santa and how to get a response from Santa then be sure to check out these other fun Christmas ideas:
- Christmas Tree Coloring Page
- Tips for Roasting a Turkey for Christmas Dinner
- Easy DIY Candy Sprinkle Ornaments
- How to Pick the Right Nativity for Your Kids
Be sure to PIN this for later and SHARE on Facebook!