Gingerbread Brownies are a delightful dessert for the holidays. The smell and flavors gingerbread combined with the chocolate of brownies is a combination you will fall in love with.
WHAT IS GINGERBREAD?
Gingerbread is basically a cake that is made with molasses and flavored with ginger.
Gingerbread has been made into cookies for many years and are a traditional Christmas treat. Children love to decorate and eat gingerbread cookies.
There is a long history for gingerbread as it dates back to ancient Greeks and Egyptians. It has evolved a lot of the years.
Gingerbread today is sweeter and is made into cookies and even houses!
INGREDIENTS FOR GINGERBREAD BROWNIES
These gingerbread brownies are created from adapting a basic brownie recipe and adding some additional ingredients that give it that deep gingerbread flavor.
- All-Purpose Flour
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Baking Soda
- Ground Ginger
- Ground Cinnamon
- Ground Cloves
- White Granulated Sugar
- Light Brown Sugar
- Powdered Sugar to dust the brownies
- Cookie Cutters, if desired to make shapes with the powdered sugar
HOW TO MAKE GINGERBREAD BROWNIES
This is a fairly basic and easy to follow recipe. If you have made homemade brownies before this will be a breeze!
STEP ONE: DRY INGREDIENTS
Start off by preheating the oven to 350° F.
Lightly grease a 13 x 9 or 11 x 7 baking pan and then line it with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, white sugar, brown sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, ground ginger, ground cinnamon and cloves. Mix these ingredients well.
STEP TWO: WET INGREDIENTS
Grab another bowl and combine the melted, cooled butter, the molassas and the eggs. Whisk these together until they are light and frothy.
STEP THREE: COMBINE
Now add the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix it together.
Do not overbeat the batter, it will be thick!
STEP FOUR: BAKE
Spread the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake at 350° F for 20 minutes.
Let the gingerbread brownies cool completely before cutting.
STEP FIVE: DUST BROWNIES
If you want to add some holiday flair to your gingerbread brownies then grab some powdered sugar and a mini cookie cutter.
Place the mini cookie cutter on a slice of browie.
Dust generously with powdered sugar.
Remove the cookie cutter to reveal the shape of the cutter in powdered sugar.
Brownies should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
GINGERBREAD BROWNIES RECIPE
You can print off this delicious holiday dessert recipe via the recipe card below.
These gingerbread brownies are a delicious homemade treat that is perfect for the holidays.
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 large eggs
- powdered sugar, optional
- mini cookie cutters, optional
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease a 13 x 9 or 11 x 7 baking pan and line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, white sugar, brown sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves. Mix these well.
- In another bowl, whisk the melted and cooled butter, molasses, and the eggs. Whisk until they are light and frothy.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix together. Do not overbeat this batter. It will be thick.
- Spread the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F.
- Let the brownies cool completely before slicing.
- If you would like to decorate the brownies then place a mini cookie cutter on a slice of brownie. Dust over the cookie-cutter generously with powdered sugar. Remove the cookie cutter and it will show the shape of the cutter.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 261Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 148mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 1gSugar: 36gProtein: 3g
PeaceLoveChristmas.com may offer nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although PeaceLoveChristmas.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
If you loved this Christmas dessert recipe be sure to check out these other great recipes:
- Christmas Jello Poke Cake
- How to Make a Gluten-Free Gingerbread House
- Christmas Angel Cupcakes
- Easy Rolo Pretzel Rudolph Noses
Be sure to PIN this for LATER and SHARE on FACEBOOK!
Leave a Reply