A Christmas Jello Poke Cake is so easy to make, but looks like you went to a lot of trouble. These cakes are so moist and delicious and full of festive Christmas colors!
WHAT IS A POKE CAKE?
I grew up eating my mom’s delicious poke and pour cakes. We all called these poke and pour cakes instead of just poke cakes.
It is a basic white or yellow cake that has holes poked in it. Then a liquid jello mixture is poured into the holes. The liquid mixture soaks into the cake and “colors” the cake so it has stripes.
This adds a moist delicious flavor to the cake that is so so good.
I loved this type of cake as a child and I still do!! There are so many ways to customize these cakes for different seasons and holidays.
INGREDIENTS FOR A CHRISTMAS POKE CAKE
I love easy recipes and this one is easy because you start with a cake mix as your base!! No worries…if you want to bake a cake from scratch you are welcome to do that too.
- White Cake Mix & ingredients the mix requires
- Strawberry Gelatin Mix (Jell-O)
- Boiling Water
- Lime Gelatin Mix (Jell-O)
- Vanilla Pudding Mix
- Whipped Topping, thawed
- Christmas Sprinkles
HOW TO MAKE A CHRISTMAS JELLO POKE CAKE
Once you get the hang of making poke cakes you can change the flavors and create all sorts of fun cake creations. These are always a hit with kids.
STEP ONE: MAKE CAKE
The first step is to make your white cake according to the package directions.
Bake the cake and then allow it to cool completely.
STEP TWO: MAKE JELLO MIXTURE
Add the strawberry and lime gelatin mix to two separate bowls.
Add ½ cup of boiling water to each bowl and stir till the gelatin is completely dissolved.
STEP THREE: POKE HOLES
Now you get to poke holes in the cake. A chopstick makes the perfect size hole for this Christmas dessert.
I like to poke holes in nice, neat rows because it makes a cool line design in the cake.
You can poke random holes all over if you prefer. 🙂
STEP FOUR: ADD JELLO
It is time to spoon the jello liquid onto the cake. I like to do it in sections so I have alternating red and green stripes in the cake.
STEP FIVE: FROSTING
This cake is so good it really doesn’t need frosting. I eat Christmas Jello Poke Cake without frosting a lot of the time.
The frosting does look beautiful and most people can’t get enough of it!!
Combine the pudding mix with the milk in a large bowl and whisk it until smooth.
Let it chill for 5 minutes to thicken up. Then fold in the thawed whipped topping.
Spread this frosting on top of the Christmas Jello Poke Cake and decorate with the holiday sprinkles of your choice!!
CHRISTMAS JELLO POKE CAKE RECIPE
I know you are excited to make this Christmas Jello Poke Cake for your holiday celebrations.
You can print off the complete ingredients and instructions via the recipe card below.
Christmas Jello Poke Cake
This Christmas Jello Poke Cake is easy, delicious and has bright Christmas colors.
- 1 box White Cake Mix and ingredients required to make the cake per box instructions.
- 1 (3 oz.) packet Strawberry Gelatin Mix (Jell-O)
- 1 cup Boiling Water (divided in half)
- 1 (3 oz.) packet Lime Gelatin Mix (Jell-O)
- 1 (3.4 oz.) packet Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tub (8 oz.) frozen Whipped Topping, thawed
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a 13x9 baking pan.
- Follow the directions on the cake mix box and make the cake.
- Bake the cake and allow it to cool completely.
- Add the strawberry and lime gelatin mix to two separate bowls.
- Add ½ cup of boiling water to each bowl and stir till the gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Poke holes in the cake with a chopstick or a skewer.
- Spoon the red and green gelatin syrup over the cake, in alternating sections, thus making red and green stripes.
- In another bowl, combine the pudding mix with the milk and whisk it until smooth.
- Let it chill for 5 minutes to thicken it up.
- Fold in the whipped topping.
- Spread the topping all over the top of the cake and decorate with Christmas sprinkles.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 118Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 200mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 0gSugar: 19gProtein: 2g
PeaceLoveChristmas.com may offer nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although PeaceLoveChristmas.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
If you loved this holiday dessert recipe be sure to check out these other great ideas.
- Christmas Angel Cupcakes
- Decorated Baby Jesus Cupcakes
- Easy Rolo Pretzel Rudolph Noses
- Adorable Grinch Cookies for Christmas
Be sure to PIN this for LATER and SHARE on FACEBOOK!
Leave a Reply