These adorable decorated Christmas Angel Cupcakes are simple to make with Oreo cookies and are great for holiday parties. Decorated Christmas cupcakes are such a fun treat to display on a Christmas table.
FUN ANGEL IDEAS FOR CHRISTMAS
Angels play a big role in the Biblical Christmas story and they are a common part of Christmas decor.
If you love angels here are some great some angel ideas:
- Angel Coloring Pages are free to download and print off for kids.
- Make some cute wooden spoon angel ornaments with this easy tutorials.
- Kids can make handprint angel cards to give to relatives and friends.
INGREDIENTS FOR ANGEL CUPCAKES
These cupcakes are simple to make and kids can even help!
- White or Yellow Cupcakes
- White Frosting
- Sprinkling Sugar
- Pretzel Twists
- Oreo Cookies
- Pineapple-Flavored Lifesaver Candies
- White or Vanilla Candy Melts
- Chocolate Candy Melts
- Large open star tip
- Piping Bags
HOW TO MAKE CHRISTMAS ANGEL CUPCAKES
I love finding shortcuts in the kitchen especially during the holidays. This recipe uses purchased bakery cupcakes, but you can definitely make your own cupcakes. Be sure to allow them to cool before decorating.
STEP ONE: DIP WINGS
Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
In a small bowl melt the white candy melts according to the package directions. If you want to make the white candy more pourable you can add 1 teaspoon of vegetable shortening or coconut oil to the melted candy and stir.
Dip the pretzels into the white chocolate and allow the excess candy to drip back off into the bowl.
Lay each dipped pretzel on the waxed paper to harden.
STEP TWO: DIP OREOS
Now do the same process with the Oreo cookies. Dip each one totally in the white chocolate and lay them down on the waxed paper to harden.
Quickly, before the white candy hardens add one of the Lifesaver candies on the top as a halo.
STEP THREE: MAKE ANGEL FACE
In a small bowl melt a little bit of the chocolate candy melts according to the package directions.
Use a toothpick dipped in the chocolate to make 2 small half-circles for eyes and larger oval dot for the mouth.
Allow the faces to dry.
STEP FOUR: FROST CUPCAKES
Now add the white frosting to the piping bag with the large open star tip.
Pipe frosting onto each cupcake.
Add one angel head onto the center of each cupcake and stick two pretzel wings into the sides of the frosting.
Sprinkle some sprinkled sugar onto each cupcake.
CHRISTMAS ANGEL CUPCAKES
You can download and print off the complete ingredients and instructions for the Christmas Angel Cupcakes via the recipe card below.
Christmas Angel Cupcakes
- Large open star tip
- Piping Bag
- 12 plain white or yellow cupcakes
- 1-2 cups of white frosting
- Sprinkling sugar
- 24 pretzel twists
- 12 Oreo cookies
- 12 Pineapple-Flavored Lifesaver candies
- White candy melts
- Chocolate candy melts
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Melt white candy according to package directions making sure not to overheat. If the candy gets too hot, it will seize. If desired, add 1 teaspoon vegetable shortening or coconut oil to make the melted candy pourable.
- Dip the pretzel twists in melted candy, allowing excess to drip back into the bowl. Place the pretzels on waxed paper until dry.
- Dip Oreo cookies in melted candy, allowing excess to drip back into the bowl. Place the cookie on waxed paper and immediately add the Lifesaver candy as a halo. Allow to dry completely.
- Melt chocolate candy according to package directions making sure not to overheat. If the candy gets too hot, it will seize. If desired, add 1 teaspoon vegetable shortening or coconut oil to make the melted candy pourable.
- Using a toothpick, draw two half circles on each of the cookies to be the eyes and a larger dot as the mouth. Allow to dry completely.
- Pipe frosting on each cupcake using an open star tip. Sprinkle with sparking sugar. Place one angel head on the top and two pretzels to the opposite sides of each cupcake.
- Decorated Baby Jesus Cupcakes
- Easy Rolo Pretzel Rudolph Noses
- Adorable Grinch Cookies
- Easy Christmas Holly Cupcakes
Be sure to PIN this for later!