You will be shocked how quickly you can make this adorable DIY Grapevine Mickey Christmas Wreath for your front door. If you love Disney and Mickey Mouse, then this reindeer-themed holiday wreath will be a perfect craft project for you this year.
- WHAT IS A GRAPEVINE WREATH?
- HOW DO I MAKE A GRAPEVINE WREATH?
- SUPPLIES FOR A MICKEY CHRISTMAS WREATH
- HOW TO MAKE A GRAPEVINE MICKEY CHRISTMAS WREATH
- STEP ONE: CONNECT WREATHS
- STEP TWO: ADD ANTLERS
- STEP THREE: ADD GREENERY
- STEP FOUR: ADD BOW
- DIY GRAPEVINE MICKEY CHRISTMAS WREATH
- DIY Grapevine Mickey Christmas Wreath
WHAT IS A GRAPEVINE WREATH?
Grapevine is a wood vine that can be planted and grown or found in the wild. They are commonly found along fence lines and in wooded areas.
A grapevine wreath is made from the grapevines. They are formed into a circular wreath and have a wonderful rustic look.
It is easy to decorate a grapevine wreath and it can be used for years to come.
HOW DO I MAKE A GRAPEVINE WREATH?
This Mickey & Minnie Christmas Wreath uses grapevine wreaths as the base of the project.
You can make your own homemade grapevine wreaths or you can buy them at a craft store.
If you want to make your own wreaths it is not that hard, but will take a little time because you will have to go out and get the grapevines to form the wreath.
You can follow this easy tutorial to make a wreath from scratch.
I don’t have the extra time to scour the countryside for wild grapevine so I am just buying mine at the store. They are inexpensive, especially if you catch them on sale.
SUPPLIES FOR A MICKEY CHRISTMAS WREATH
This Christmas wreath project doesn’t require a ton of supplies. Remember you can customize it to meet your needs and your decor style.
- 12-inch Grapevine Wreath
- 2 – 6-inch Grapevine Wreaths
- Raffia-Wrapped Floral Wire
- Antler Picks
- Faux Holly Picks
- 3-inch Red Plaid Ribbon (or any color you like!)
HOW TO MAKE A GRAPEVINE MICKEY CHRISTMAS WREATH
I love easy projects and this Mickey Christmas Wreath really doesn’t take any special skills to create! Seasoned crafters and newbies alike can make this wreath in no time.
STEP ONE: CONNECT WREATHS
The first step is to make the MICKEY silhouette out of the wreaths.
You will use the 2 small 6-inch wreaths for Mickey’s ears.
Lay the large 12-inch wreath in the center of your table and position the two smaller wreaths on either side of the larger wreath, about 6-8 inches apart to get the Mickey Mouse profile.
Use raffia-wrapped floral wire and wrap the wire around the point where the small wreaths and large wreath join on each side.
Wrap the wire snuggly so the ears are secure.
The raffia-wrapped floral wire blends in nicely with the grapevine.
STEP TWO: ADD ANTLERS
This wreath has a “reindeer” theme and it is simple too! Antler picks should be easy to find in the Christmas sections at most big craft stores. You can also order them online.
Slide the ends of the antler picks into the top of the large grapevine wreath, between the ears.
Twist the ends of the antler picks around and tightly wrap them around the wreath, so that they are snug.
It is that simple to make Mickey a reindeer!
STEP THREE: ADD GREENERY
A simple way to brighten up this wreath is to add some floral stems.
Since this is a Christmas wreath we will use faux holly stems. You can also use any kind of floral stems you like!
Use the floral wire to affix the faux holly picks to the bottom of the wreath, securing them snugly.
STEP FOUR: ADD BOW
A bow is the perfect finishing touch to this fun Magic Kingdom Christmas Wreath.
Make a bow with your plaid ribbon. Then use the floral wire to secure the center of the bow to the wreath in the middle of the holly stems.
This wreath is ready to hang up and enjoy!
DIY GRAPEVINE MICKEY CHRISTMAS WREATH
You can print off the complete supply list and instructions for this Christmas wreath via the card below.
DIY Grapevine Mickey Christmas Wreath
- Wire Cutters
- 1 12-inch Grapevine Wreath
- 2 6-inch Grapevine Wreaths
- Raffia-Wrapped Floral Wire
- 2 Antler Picks
- 2 Faux Holly Picks
- 1 3-inch Red Plaid Ribbon
- Lay the larger wreath in the center of your table and position the two smaller wreaths on either side of the larger wreath, about 6-8 inches apart. Using the raffia-wrapped floral wire, wrap the wire around the point where the small wreath and large wreath join on each side, snugly joining the two.
- Slide the ends of the antler picks into the top of larger grapevine wreath, between the ears. Twist the ends of the antler picks around and tightly wrap them around the wreath, so that they are affixed snugly.
- With the floral wire, affix the faux holly picks to the bottom of the wreath, securing them snugly.
- Make a bow with your plaid ribbon, using the floral wire to secure the center. Use the tails of the wire securing the center of this bow to secure the bow to the center bottom of the wreath.
- Hang on the door and enjoy!
If you loved this Christmas DIY project, be sure to check out these other fun crafts: