These Easy Christmas Holly Cupcakes will look lovely on any holiday platter and only take minutes to make. Holly leaves are a wonderful symbol of the Christmas season and make this dessert extra special.
WHY IS HOLLY USED AT CHRISTMAS?
Holly is a common plant seen in Christmas decor. There is a reason this particular plant is common during the holiday season.
Holly leaves are very prickly and they have been said to represent the crown of thorns that Jesus wore when he was crucified. The berries on the holly leaves represent the blood of Jesus that was shed due to the crown of thorns.
The deep green leaves and the red berries go perfectly with the colors of Christmas.
It is common to see holly used in all kinds of Christmas decor and on Christmas paper goods too! The holly leaves and berries look so pretty against the white frosting on these Christmas Holly Cupcakes.
INGREDIENTS FOR CHRISTMAS HOLLY CUPCAKES
I like to keep things simple in the kitchen and save time when I can especially during a busy season like Christmas. One easy way to save time on this recipe is to head to the bakery and buy some already baked vanilla cupcakes. 😆
If you prefer to bake your own that is TOTALLY FINE! Just bake the cupcakes from a cake mix or totally homemade with your favorite recipe. Wait for them to cool and proceed with the recipe for decorating them.
- Vanilla Cupcakes
- Vanilla Frosting
- Green Writing Icing
- Round Red Sprinkles
HOW TO DECORATE CHRISTMAS HOLLY CUPCAKES
I am going to show you how to make these easy Christmas Holly Cupcakes. If you start with store-bought cupcakes this will be done in no time!
If you are making your own cupcakes be sure to allow them to cool completely before you start decorating so the frosting doesn’t melt off!
STEP ONE: HIDE SPRINKLES
We are going to “stuff” these cupcakes with some sprinkles inside as an added bonus. It is easy and kids will especially enjoy a little surprise when they bite into these cupcakes.
Grab a large metal frosting decorating tip and push in into the center of the cupcake creating a well.
Fill the hole with sprinkles of your choice and then replace the cake you removed back into the hole.
STEP TWO: ADD VANILLA FROSTING
Use a large star decorating tip. Place the vanilla frosting into a decorating bag with the star tip.
Frost the cupcakes with a big swirl.
STEP THREE: ADD HOLLY LEAVES
Use the green writing icing and a very small leaf decorating tip to pipe 2 holly leaves onto each cupcake. Leave a small space between the leaves.
Add 2 or 3 of the round red sprinkles between the leaves for the holly berries.
EASY CHRISTMAS HOLLY CUPCAKES RECIPE
You can print off the complete ingredients and instructions for this recipe via the recipe card below.
1. With a large decorating tip, cut a well in the top of each cupcake and fill that well with sprinkles of your choice. PeaceLoveChristmas.com may offer nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although PeaceLoveChristmas.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
2. Replace the cupcake that was removed from the hole back into the cupcakes.
3. Use a large star tip in a decorating bag full of the vanilla frosting. Frost the cupcakes with a big swirl motion.
4. Use the green writing icing and a very small leaf decorating tip, pipe 2 leaves on each cupcake with a small space between.
5. Place 2-3 red sprinkles in the space between the leaves for the holly berries.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 474Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 281mgCarbohydrates: 71gFiber: 0gSugar: 58gProtein: 2g
1. With a large decorating tip, cut a well in the top of each cupcake and fill that well with sprinkles of your choice.
PeaceLoveChristmas.com may offer nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although PeaceLoveChristmas.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
Be sure to PIN this for later and SHARE on social media!