These Crock Pot Scalloped Potatoes are one side dish that you need to have at your holiday dinner! This is the perfect way to cook potatoes loaded with flavor and taste. The crock pot keeps these cheesy potatoes warm and doesn’t take up space in the oven!
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AU GRATIN AND SCALLOPED POTATOES?
The biggest difference between the two types of potato recipes is that the au gratin potatoes are sliced thinner than scalloped potatoes.
There is usually more cheese involved when making au gratin potatoes. I happen to LOVE potatoes cooked almost any way!
WHAT TO SERVE WITH SCALLOPED POTATOES?
Potatoes are traditionally a side dish that goes great with almost any main dish. Here are some main dishes that will be perfect for slow cooker scalloped potatoes:
- Ham (my favorite–it pairs so well!)
- Duck Breast
- Baked Chicken
- Grilled Salmon
All you need to make crockpot scalloped potatoes are listed below.
- Russet Potatoes
- Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Heavy Cream
- Dried Thyme
- Dried Parsley
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Chopped Fresh Parsley
HOW TO MAKE CHEESY CROCK POT SCALLOPED POTATOES
You’re going to love making these slow cooker scalloped potatoes. They’re the perfect way to have creamy and cheesy potatoes ready for dinner. For exact measurements and directions, scroll down to the bottom of the post for the printable recipe.
STEP ONE: PREPARE POTATOES
Start off by peeling the potatoes and slicing them into thin round slices.
Lightly grease your 6-quart Crock Pot.
STEP TWO: COMBINE INGREDIENTS
In a medium bowl, combine the cream of mushroom soup, heavy cream, dried thyme, and parsley. Whisk these ingredients together until they are well combined.
STEP THREE: LAYER INGREDIENTS
Add a layer of sliced potatoes to the bottom of the slow cooker so that they overlap and cover the entire bottom.
Salt and pepper the potatoes.
Spread 1/3 cup of the cream mixture over the potato layer. Then sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
Now repeat the layers of potatoes, cream mixture, shredded cheese until you end with a layer of potatoes on top.
There will be a total of 4 layers of potatoes and 3 layers of cream mixture and cheese.
STEP FOUR: SLOW COOK
Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on high heat for about 4 hours. This is a perfect recipe to get ready and then start cooking around noon for an evening meal.
When the crock pot scalloped potatoes are done cooking, remove the lid and sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese on top of the potatoes. Replace lid and allow the cheese to melt. It will take 5-10 minutes.
Garnish the potatoes with fresh parsley, if desired and serve hot!
Be sure to refrigerate any leftovers.
CROCK POT SCALLOPED POTATOES RECIPE
You can print off the complete ingredients and instructions for this yummy slow cooker side dish via the recipe card below.
If you make this recipe and love it, be sure to come back and leave a 5-star rating! It would mean so much to me!
- 2 lb. of Russet Potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 (10.5 oz.) can of Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1¼ cup of Heavy Cream
- ¼ teaspoon of dried Thyme
- ½ teaspoon of dried Parsley
- 2 cups of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Chopped Fresh Parsley to Garnish, if desired
1. Peel the potatoes and slice them into thin round slices.
2. Grease a 6-quart slow cooker.
3. In a medium bowl, add the cream of mushroom and the heavy cream. Add the dried thyme and parsley and whisk well to combine ingredients.
4. Add a layer of sliced potatoes to the bottom of the crockpot, in an overlapping pattern. Season the potatoes with salt and pepper, to taste.
5. Add about 1/3 of the mushroom soup-heavy cream mixture over the potatoes and then sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
6. Repeat with remaining potato slices, cream mixture, and shredded cheddar cheese in that sequence, ending on top with a layer of potatoes. Leave about a quarter cup of shredded cheese to garnish the top at the end of the cooking time. In total there will be 4 layers of potato, 3 layers of mushroom soup-heavy cream mixture, and 3 layers of shredded cheese.
7. Cover the crock pot and cook on high heat for 4 hours. Sprinkle the top with the reserved cheese. Cover for about 5 minutes, till the cheese is melted.
8. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and serve immediately.
You can add sliced onions, in between the layers of potato slices and mushroom soup-heavy cream mixture for some added savory sweetness if desired.
Always refrigerate the leftovers.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 322Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 59mgSodium: 423mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 10g
PeaceLoveChristmas.com may offer nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although PeaceLoveChristmas.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
If you loved this recipe, be sure to check out these other ideas for a fabulous meal:
Be sure to PIN this for later and SHARE it on Facebook!